Septic Cleaning Services
If you own a Raleigh home with a septic tank system, you are already reaping the benefits of this eco-friendly method of disposing of your home’s wastewater. Not only do you not have to pay a monthly water and sewer bill, but there’s hardly anything required on your part to keep it operating efficiently. Having it inspected every year and an occasional pumping and cleaning is pretty much all it needs.
How often should it be pumped and cleaned?
The tank will hold the wastewater from your home, allowing the solids to settle on the bottom of the tank. The water in the top of the tank will then be slowly distributed throughout your drainfield. Once the solids in the tank reach a certain level, the tank will need to be pumped and cleaned. The amount of time it takes for the solids in the tank to reach that level depends on how much wastewater there is coming from your home, as well as the size of the tank. Most tanks will need to be pumped out every one to three years.
What is involved in a septic tank cleaning?
Along with the standard cleaning and pumping, our service specialists at Full Circle Environmental will be visually inspecting the condition of your septic system. Here’s how the cleaning process happens.
• We’ll locate the cap and take note of any possible leaking raw sewage around the cap.
• We’ll also inspect the cap and the seal to make sure there aren’t any cracks or gaps that could let rainwater get into your tank.
• Our technician will take note of the level of the water inside your tank.
• The wastewater and sludge will be vacuum-pumped out of the tank.
• We’ll take note of any back-flow coming out of the tank’s drain pipe.
• The inside of the tank will be scrubbed and sprayed down.
• Our technician will also take note of any other noticeable defects on the interior of the tank.
How long does it take to clean a septic tank?
It’s usually a pretty quick process. If there aren’t any factors that slow down the process, the entire job can be done in less than an hour.
What are some common issues found during a septic tank cleaning?
Most of the time, pumping and cleaning your septic tank system is as simple as the annual inspection and everything will be working just fine. But, sometimes issues are found during the cleaning process.
• Raw sewage on the ground around the cap would indicate an issue, drainage issues could cause an overflow.
• If the water level is too high inside, it could also mean that the tank is having problems draining.
• If the water level is too low, it could mean that there is a leak inside the tank.
• The tank’s exit drainpipe is back-filling water after it’s emptied, there could be an issue with clogged drain field pipes.
• Our technician can also alert you to anything that is in the wastewater that shouldn’t be. Things like cigarette butts, feminine products, and even paper towels can cause problems with your septic tank system.
Septic tank inspections
Whether you’re looking for Raleigh septic tank cleaning, annual inspections, or repairs, give us a call at Full Circle Environmental. Our team of certified professionals is committed to providing the most comprehensive customer service when you need it the most. We’re even available 24 hours a day for any septic emergency. With our 30 years of experience, you can feel confident about putting your trust in us for all of your septic system needs.